Open call for Ten (10) interns to support promotion of the Digital Platform for Public Participation in municipalities of Prizren, Gjakovë/Ðakovica, Junik, Kamenicë/Kamenica andPrishtinë/Priština
Apply for job!
Start your career with us. Cooperating for success.
Intern Full Time 23/09/2021
|Time Sheet||Full Time|
In 2016, the OSCE Mission in Kosovo supported the development of the Digital Platform for Public Participation (DPPP), www.platformadigjitale.com, in order to improve the transparency of municipal government operations, and to increase participation of the public in decision making in Kosovo. The DPPP is created with idea to:
a) enable residents to share ideas about their neighbourhoods, discuss, and vote on plans they have for improving their city;
b) enable municipal employees to join the discussions, introduce official opinion or policy, and start collaborating productively with city’s residents;
c) enable the municipal institutions to review submissions by residents, provide their comprehensive response on popular ideas, and engage residents in the policy-making and executing process.
Currently, the Platform is developed for the municipalities of Prizren, Gjakovë/Ðakovica, Junik, Kamenicë/Kamenica and Prishtinë/Priština. In an effort to further boost the use of the Platform by the residents in the five municipalities further promotion of the Platform is needed in each of the municipalities.
In order to further promote the Platform, and to reach a wider population, 10 interns (two in each municipality) will be engaged and supported for a three-month internship. The interns will focus on further promotion of the Platform, and support the municipal administration in this regard.
General tasks for each intern includes the following:
- Provide inputs and ideas for promotional activities, based on consultations with respective municipal staff and CSOs;
- Design promotional plan, which will include use of appropriate graphic and video presentation on how to use the Platform, define target audience, and implementation timeframe;
- Implement activities, conduct field work, and meet targeted audience in order to present the DPPP;
- Implement and monitor social media campaign, and campaign in traditional media.
- Support municipal administration in registering received inputs on the DPPP, connecting input to the relevant municipal office, and providing timely responses;
- Support municipal administration in presenting achievements, including ongoing and completed tasks, and presenting the same to the public;
Based on consultation with municipal officials specific tasks in each respective municipality will be defined.
- Designed work plans, with detailed outline of tasks and responsibilities;
- Number of completed activities and field visits;
- Number of social media posts;
- Report on the usage of the DPPP before and after internship period;
- At the end of the programme, interns will prepare team report presenting their individual findings and experiences related to the implementation of the DPPP in each municipality.
The interns comply with the full-time work plan per month;
He/she respects working hours within the timeframe agreed with supervisor;
The interns demonstrate interest and commitment throughout the learning process.
Team of two selected interns will be placed at the premises of each respective municipality.
The internship programme will last for three months, in a period October-December 2021. The selected candidates will have to report to their duty stations based on full-time work plan.
- Be between 18 and 30years old at the time of application to the programme;
- Sound knowledge of the subject matter and previous working experience in promotional activities will be considered as strong asset;
- Genuine interest in civic engagement;
- Experience in promoting volunteer and civic action involving and mobilizing wide networks of civil society actors;
- Demonstrated researching and drafting skills;
- Experience in organizing conferences, public discussions and events is a strong asset;
- Professional fluency in English with excellent communication skills will be considered as strong asset;
- Computer literacy (Microsoft package);
- Enrolled in or completed first level degree University programme.
- Be enthusiastic, team-player, self-motivated, keen to learn;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people from different national and cultural backgrounds, whilst maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
Note: Candidates from non-Albanian communities, youth from rural areas, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
A lump sum of €200 per person/per month will be given to each selected candidate for coverage of basic daily transportation and subsistence expenses. The amount will be made available to each participant at the end of each month upon submission of signed attendance sheets.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV (max. 1 page) and a motivation letter, in English, to: email@example.com, not later than September 23, clearly stating for position in which municipality she/he is applying.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.